This is my ginger beer recipe to make in 24 hours. This recipe is for ginger beer without alcohol. For alcohol, you have to ferment for days. I like it simple but delicious.
This ginger beer recipe needs a plastic bottle (important!) Because a glass bottle can burst due to the high pressure that will build upbuilt up in the bottle because of the yeast.
My homemade ginger beer tastes extremely fresh and slightly spicy because of the fresh ginger. The yeast will make your bold drink, bubble; a wonderful combination.
Ginger beer recipe
- 100 grams of fresh ginger
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1 liter plastic bottle
- Grate for the ginger
- Grate the ginger finely until that the pieces can pass through the opening of the bottle.
- Boil a cup of water is there and dissolve the 100 grams of sugar in it.
- Allow cooling as you fill the bottle with the ginger, sugar water, and lime juice
- Shake and add 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
- Fill the bottle with water, but do not fill it to the rim; leave some room for the yeast to puff out it’s carbon dioxide.
- Leave in a warm place for 24 hours and occasionally vent the bottle gently by opening the cap very slowly.
- After 24 hours, strain the contents of the bottle into a pouring jug and refrigerate
- Serve with plenty of ice or use as a cocktail base. With some gin or vodka, you can quickly make a remarkably delicious drink.
Before grating the ginger, I do not peel the ginger, but I rinse it well. Then I push a fork diagonally in it to form a handle to grate easily. This method works quickly and safely.
Everything can go into the plastic bottle. With a funnel I pour in the sugar water and lime juice. 1/2 teaspoon of yeast doesn’t seem like much, but it is definitely enough to form loads of pressure and bubbles. If you add more your ginger beer can taste like yeast.
After 24 hours, stop the fermentation process by pouring the contents through a sieve and storing the ginger beer in the refrigerator.
Want to make more tropical drinks? I have a delicious cendol recipe on my blog.